Late Sun at Lake Cobbosseecontee



The light this evening here at the Birches Family Campground in Litchtfield, Maine, was full of late-summer bliss. I sat on the dock for a while with my eyes closed, feeling the warmth of the setting sun, listening to the sounds of birds and squirrels. I discovered in Kenneth Roberts' Arundel that Cobbosseecontee means "where the sturgeon is found." For Darlene and me today, the funny-looking word has meant idyll.

Today was the first day she has filled the Southwind with swatches of colorful fabric, hanging a design board from the molding over the couch. I read Arundel and poked around on the Macintosh. Tony drove all the way from Westbrook to look at the levelers, which will need service Thursday morning at an RV dealer in Auburn. The campground is mainly empty, so I could go sit and read in the sun at any of the picnic tables I liked. At the end of the day, the campground manager knocked on our door and delivered a package my mother had overnighted from Cambridge--so we now have the RVers' Bible, Trailer Life, as well as the tripod I forgot.


It's been a golden day, and I want to share it, so I'm glad these photos came out well, taken with my amazing little Sanyo Xacti videocamera.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?