Live from the Pumpkin Patch




More mechanical trouble kept us from heading for New Brunswick yesterday after our triumphant departure from the Whited Ford parking lot. I noticed a wind sound behind me while we were driving the interstate, and when I stopped I saw that the big slideout was not all the way in. This could let moisture in, so we stopped at the Pumpkin Patch RV Resort in Hermon, Maine, till we can get something done about it tomorrow. The Patch has a terrific WIFI connection, and Darlene has been sewing a new red jacket for Claire, who models it in photo.

I took advantage of our repose to learn about geotagging on Flickr. Here's a map that shows two places we've been so far, with photos attached. If you click on the little pink circle with a "4" in it you will see four photos I took at Lake Cobbosseecontee in Litchfield, Maine. If you click on the minus sign on the map legend, to zoom outward, you will see a "6" that marks six photos taken today in Hermon, including the portrait of the Southwind above.

It's been rainy most of the day, perfect for staying inside the Southwind, which is blissfully level thanks to the new leveling jack installed at Whited Ford. The Hermon Family Restaurant is located right next to the campground. They don't have a website I can link to, but at breakfast I saw that they DO have an all-you-can-eat haddock special. This sounds just right for supper, coming up soon!

Sunday, September 24, 2006


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?