Pine Bed



Southwind in the Pines, originally uploaded by LenEdgerly.

We're nestled among tall pine trees here at Circle CG Farm in Bellingham, Massachusetts. Darlene is going to spend the afternoon with a college friend, Duce, whom she hasn't seen in more than 20 years. I am headed to Providence to take photos of doors. Long story, a project for my mother the painter.

I finished Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness at 2 a.m., a spooky time to digest such a dark book. It took a while for me to fall under the tale's spell, but by the end I was hungry to go deeper into its thrall, rereading sections and the scholarly introduction. I hope to put up an audio podcast about the book later today or tomorrow, when we will lay over in Bellingham because a big storm is coming. Not a good day for the RV to make its final leg of the trip, a two-hour drive to Maine.

Friday, October 27, 2006


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?