First Lit Reading on a Kindle?




This evening at Cafe Babu in Boulder I read the opening portion of an essay published today in Wazee Journal, a Denver e-zine. Instead of printing out the pages, I loaded the text onto my Kindle and read from the device. A first in literature? Well, maybe. In any event, it was a fine gathering of Wazee authors and writers published by Green Fuse Community Press.

My essay is titled "Cold Turkey in Paradise: 12 Days Off the Internet at Maho Bay." Thanks to Jessica Slater, nonfiction editor of Wazee, for accepting it for publication. It was good to see her again at the reading.

I filmed the first part of the evening with my Nokia N95, but it ran out of battery after about 45 minutes. That recording is available at Qik.com .

Labels:

Saturday, May 24, 2008


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?